Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0

328 Katong Laksa + The Cider Pit

Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Those who know me well will know what a weakness I have for laksa, all kinds, as long as it has hum (cockles) in it. I made the long and arduous trip all the way to the East to meet Mr Osman Khan to get my hands on the bonafide stuff at 328 Katong Laksa. Yum! Ordered too big a bowl (Medium sized at $5.00, personally a Small would have been suffice, but since I came all the way...) and of course I had extra cockles. Half the fun of laksa is really in the hum, and much fun did I have!

Later, Os introduced me to a new find in the east - The Cider Pit, which is newly opened and apparently has the widest range of ciders in Singapore! The place was completely full, but luckily we were early and got a seat. We both had the cider on tap, Westons Country Perry (a light and sweet one) for me and Westons Scrumpy (cloudy, rich and fruity) for Os! I personally liked mine a lot, and when I tried to order another one, it was all sold out! At $10.00 for a pint, and $5.00 for half a pint, it's really quite good value for money. Wish they had a branch nearer my place, then I'd be drinking cider all the time!

328 Katong Laksa 
51 East Coast Road

The Cider Pit 
328 Joo Chiat Road

Discussion