Oysters & Martinis
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2013
Justin and I have only been together for just over a year but already we've settled into that comfy state of relationships where it almost feels like we're retirees, judging by how much time we've spent this summer relaxing at home and doing nothing (which is great, I'm not complaining :D) But anyway, to stir things up a bit I decided to plan us a date day in which we finally headed out of the house to town! Starting with a...








Amber Avenue Playsuit | Forever 21 Necklace | Itti & Otto Flats
...Surprise trip to the Marina Bay Sands Sky Park!
...Surprise trip to the Marina Bay Sands Sky Park!
This is my first time up here, although it's been open for eons. Guess I really am a laggard oops. Justin is the one who ends up showing me around and pointing out random landmarks we spot in Singapore because it's not his first time. Surprise fail! :( But not like I could have asked beforehand if I wanted the surprise to work!




After some tourist-ing and sight seeing, we head down to Tanuki Raw at Orchard Central. Coco recommended it to me after our Furla adventures in the previous post because I told her how much I love oysters. The deal here is that during happy hour (5-8pm daily), if you buy an alcoholic drink, you can get up to a dozen oysters for just $1.00 each!!! For someone like me who hardcore loves her shellfish, this is like early Christmas. We had to try it out!
We arrived around 6pm, and the restaurant was almost totally empty. We opted to sit outside, which was surprisingly breezy because of the large industrial fans. Alfresco dining is normally quite unthinkable in Singapore, but this place was seriously chill.

We decide to get be silly and get girly drinks each - Lychee Martini for Justin and a Cosmopolitan for me! Both were $10.00 each since it was happy hour.
And of course, to start off our decadent late afternoon tea, we order a dozen oysters!








The oysters are said to be from Hiroshima, Japan. They're a little smaller than the ones I've eaten before, but hey, for $1.00, you really can't complain! Justin gives the whole place his stamp of approval, which is saying a lot because this guy really loves his food. I read a lot of bad reviews about this place because of the bad service, but we experienced none of it. In fact, the staff were really attentive, and only slowed down just a bit towards the end around 7:00pm when the entire restaurant was suddenly filled up, so I just say come earlier to really get that chill experience and beat the after work crowd :) And barely after we finished eating, I couldn't wait to go back!
Tanuki Raw
181 Orchard Road
#02-03 Orchard Central
Operating Hours:
Mon - Sun: 11:30 - 22:30
Mon - Sun: 17:00 - 19:00
Discussion
Post a Comment