Sun With Moon
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013
Hey guys, been a while since i've done a food post! Sun with Moon has been around for ages, and I've seen it and walked past it countless of times in Wheelock Place but somehow never got round to eating here before. Ended up here with my Bondue Camp group because it was this or Itacho, which we split into two groups and queued simultaneously on a busy Vesak Day public holiday for an hour, and Sun with Moon won at seating us faster!
Sun with Moon is definitely pricier than my normal Japanese food fix at Sushi Tei. The ambience definitely justifies this, so I just had to do a little food tasting to see if it was worth it!

Dickson's dish was the fastest to arrive, the Saba & Salmon Kamameshi ($20.80++ without soup, $22.80++ with soup) was presented to him very nicely, and after waiting for an hour in queue, it definitely looked very appetizing with the grilled mackeral and bright orange salmon roe dotting the surface! The metal bowl is actually deeper than it looks, and the soup had some fancy solid fuel thing burning below. Guess that's what you're paying for?


Thank goodness the Ebi Ten Salmon Avocado Roll (U.P. $18.00++ for 8pcs but they had a special promo of $14.40++ for 8pcs) came shortly after! It was exceedingly disappointing. I've had the phoenix roll at Sushi Tei for the same price of $14.00++ and they give a King prawn, generous amounts of avocado and even unagi along with it. This was just stingy, luckily we didn't have to pay the full price! Give this a miss!




They had a special discount for the Unagi & Salmon Sushi Set ($23.84++, U.P. $29.80++). Really worth it! I get 8 giant pieces of sushi, which all look lovely together, and have a great variety of salmon in all forms of cooked-ness and unagi. And not to mention, it also comes with a huge bowl of yummy miso salmon soup, and a chawanmushi (which i think costs like $6.00 on it's own). So yeah, I would totally choose this again if I come back!


Coco had the Beef & Foie Gras Steak ($27.04++, U.P. $33.80++). I'm honestly normally quite apprehensive of all these so called fusion food, but the portions were really generous. I don't eat beef so I can't comment on it. There was so much to eat that Coco let me have one piece of her foie gras! Super happy, although it was quite thin and not fatty enough. BUT STILL, free foie gras! Yay!
Overall I'd say I won't be coming to Sun with Moon for a while because I feel that I can get equally good Japanese food at better value. According to Kelvin, there's a new affordable jap food place just opened at Far East Plaza called The Sushi Bar, guess I'll be heading there for my next jap food craving!
Sun with Moon
501 Orchard Road
#03-15
Singapore 238880
For reservations, call 6733 6636
Discussion
Post a Comment