Mid Week Foodie
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2013
So it's 12AM in the middle of the night and when the munchies creep up on me, I can always look at pictures of yummy food I've eaten before to make it better. No, really, it makes it worse. But here is my lunch visit to Five & Dime! One thing you should know about Five & Dime is that it has different menus for Lunch and Dinner. I was a little disappointed because I was looking forward to their much talked about Braised Pork Belly on warm soba and their Mac & Cheese, but that's in their dinner menu! At least the pictures look really nice because it's in the day.






We ordered the Shrimp Gratin ($12.00++) to share as a starter! It's definitely much too small to be a meal on it's own, but I had to satisfy that mac and cheese craving I had. It's decent, with big lumps of shrimp inside the gooey cheese. But personally it didn't match up to what I was expecting for the mac and cheese!



Dad and Justin both ordered the Katsu Curry Rice ($18.00++). Mmm it looks good! According to them, the chicken service is light and not overly fried and greasy.

I had the Eggs Benny ($16.00++), but to be honest, I've had better eggs benny. Still thinking of the one at the Fabulous Baker Boy though, and at half the price! Also, I don't know if it's me, but I'm personally not a fan of eating potatoes for brunch, it's a bit too heavy. Anyone feel the same way?

All in all, I feel like I should come back to Five & Dime again, but this time for their dinner menu for the full experience. I feel like their lunch menu didn't quite match up to the hype over the place! However, on the plus side, there's free parking for all Five & Dime customers! The entrance is the red gate right next to it, can you see? :) Also a tip if you're visiting for lunch, they stop serving it at 2:30pm! It says it's until 5:00pm on their website, but I came here around 2:30pm with E-main previously and we were unceremoniously turned away for lunch :(
So lesson learnt from all this? THE INTERNET LIES.
Five & Dime
297 River Valley Road
Singapore 238338
Discussion
Post a Comment