Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0

Croatia - Plitvice Lakes

Posted on Monday, October 7, 2013



I'm not much of an outdoorsy girl at home, but somehow Mel and I managed to make the arduous 4 hour long journey from Split up to the Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia, which is also a UNESCO heritage site, to do some "hiking"! I think the pictures pretty much speak for themselves of nature's wonder - and I say we were "hiking" because it's actually more of a relaxing stroll - the paths are well built and I more or less could conquer it all in my flip-flops. Don't be fooled, there actually were quite a number of tourists and school children so you couldn't really stop to take photos for too long, AND, I am ashamed to admit that I did walk faster towards the end because all the lakes started to look the same. HAHA. Truth guys, truth. I'd say 3 hours was enough and I was totally ok we didn't cover the whole park (which normally requires 5 hours).

Either way i'm proud of us for making it through. We were saying how everyone always posts the beautiful part of traveling - but no one ever tells you how tiring it is to constantly have to think about where and how you are getting to places, being worried about your safety when stupid close-minded people start cat-calling you for being Asian, the uncomfortable bus rides drifting in and out of sleep, but of course the upsides are endless as well. I guess having travelled Europe so often in the past few years, I just want to spend more time truly enjoying each city - rather than rushing around to complete a check list, even if it means I see less (but I've seen a lot already too - so that's fine). I'm not saying one way is better than the other, but this is just what I feel, and maybe I'm old but that's ok. To each his own right?



Photos by Melissa Lim and Myself

Discussion