Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0

Halloween 2013!

Posted on Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello all! Another year has flown by since Melissa and I stomped our way down Clarke Quay in one of my favourite halloween get ups to date, however I was really excited this year to get to go to one of those crazy Halloween parties (thanks to Stef!) that I've read about in books that all the Westerners go for, and now it's my turn!


Turn up at 730pm for dinner + Halloween prep armed with all my props! Steffy does make up for Pieter and me since she has the face paint, and thus unleashing her hidden talents upon us (and she says she's never done this before???)


I'm a geisha! I try to be creative here to use things that are already in my closet, like this kimono i bought from Primark for normal wear, and the fragipani flower hair clips Steffy kindly lends me (she's the Queen of Hearts)! And I source this wooden umbrella from the Asian Supermarket which is funny when people ask if I brought it all the way from Singapore (why yes, I thought I would miss my wooden umbrella). So in total I only spent 9.95 euros on my costume. Whoop!


I meet Veith, Steffy's friend, who arrives what looks like normal plain clothes, until he takes out a soft toy shark to pin to his butt and an octopus for a hat, which we said looked like dreadlocks - haha!


And it was party time at Michael's! Wish I took proper pictures of all the decor! He really thought it all out - the carved pumpkin in the yard, the walls covered in black paper and glow in the dark spiders and bats, the party lights and music in each room, and the party snacks for when we got peckish (which I always do when I drink!) My favourites were the mini pizzas, which I thought were cookies initially when they were handing them out (it was dark!!!) but they were amazing and piping hot - and also my first time having a mini pizza, just like in the stories! Everyone really went all out for their costumes - I loved Pieter's adorable skeleton onesie, Bekir's zombie pirate with his iphone inside his shirt as a throbbing heart (so creative!!!), Eva's adorable pimples as a geek, Andreas diabolical doll that totally suits her, Alexandra's unicorn (freaking love her horn)... So it was real fun. I think I got the real Halloween experience from the Westerner's perspective which I guess is something I've been hoping for since I was a kid. Mission accomplished!

Discussion