Picnic at Bois de Vincennes
Posted on Saturday, October 17, 2015
To me, the Bois de Vincennes in Paris is more of a "real" park rather than a park in a city like the many of the gardens (or jardins) we've been going to in the Parisian city center! While garden is incredibly beautiful in their own way, I really wanted to venture out beyond the beaten path for our picnic, and luckily, Justin was game.





The grounds are enormous. There were people but it wasn't crowded at all. We managed to find a nice shady spot to set up picnic with the picnic mat we kind of borrowed it off the couch of our Airbnb apartment (heh). Food was bought the day before from the Galleries Lafayette food hall, but in retrospect, we should have gone to La Grande Épicerie de Paris instead as it had a much wider selection of food if you are looking to have a proper gourmet picnic!







We had such a spread it was enough for our picnic AND two more lunches after! There were croissants, poppy seed baguette (to eat with the Pâté de Campagne), Culatello (one of the best hams in the world, yum), Italian octopus in olive oil (more yum), smoked salmon and Pierre Hermé macarons (personally I prefer Ladurée macarons - the Pierre Hermé flavours are too fruity for me)... and so much more. We really got kind of overexcited shopping for food, as you can see.



This was also the day I discovered my hatred for bees - they fly EVERYWHERE and I couldn't eat the picnic in peace!!!

Miniature pony rides (but for kids only! Boo.) We saw a line of kids riding them around the entire park, so adorbs.


After picnic-ing it was time for a little exercise in the form of... boat rowing! The boats available for rental at the Bois de Vincennes are 12 euros for an hour per boat, we saw a boat with five people crammed on it so I guess they are pretty lax about the safety standards?


Biggest fear - us overturning and my camera falling into the lake :( It's also Justin's first time rowing ever but he was really pro at it. Since only one person can row I got to chill muahaha.


Fed the swans with our leftover poppy seed baguette! At first I was so excited about them coming nearer, but once they did they are kind of terrifying so we'd throw to bread further away.






Panama Hat (Hat of Cain) | The Ordinary Co Bracelet
I wouldn't recommend Bois de Vincennes if it is your first time in the French capital as it is at least a 40 minute journey out of the city center, but since we had the luxury of time and this not being our first trip it was fun to explore more of what Paris had to offer!
Discussion
Post a Comment