Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0

Kilo at PACT

Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2016

Grabbed my girls and headed to Kilo at PACT at Orchard Central over the weekend! I would never have known it was here if not for it's gorgeous raw industrial chic interiors catching my eye on le social media, so luckily Sujin and E-main are super easy going and let me pick where to go!


The area was smaller than anticipated, but since we were kind late for lunch, it was completely empty and we could sit wherever we wanted (phew).



For some reason their menu wasn't very extensive that day, but we decided to ordered a Set Lunch ($20.00++) which you can choose any of their Rice Bowls or Sushiros, and includes a drink and dessert as well. Value!


E-main got the Pan Seared Donburi Salmon Rice Bowl ($17.00++ alone!) which you can customise to have either sushi rice, brown rice or quinoa. She chose quinoa and I guess she liked it cause she wiped the bowl clean!


I didn't know what a Sushiro was, so I ordered the Tempura Prawn ($17.00++ alone) which promised me a large hang crafted roll covered in ebiko and stuffed with crispy prawns, cucumbers, cream cheese, avocado (!!) and carrots. It's so huge I couldn't finish it, and the prawns were not crispy at all, but I was so busy chit chatting with the girls I hardly noticed. Would definitely take my chances with the rice bowl instead if I ever come back!


Sujin also ordered a Sushiro, but hers was the Salmon Avocado (pic on the left). Personally I would have chosen that myself but I like variety - doesn't make sense if everyone orders the same thing! I realised I totally forgot to ask Sujin to trade sushiro halves with me so I could try more stuff, haha. Now I definitely have to go back -.-


Desserts came! I got the Basil Panna Cotta ($7.00++ alone) which was very unique to me. There was supposed to be a strawberry reduction in it but I think the basil taste overpowered it. I'm still getting used to having this herb in my desserts, but I would say it was quite pleasant!


So I'm glad we had the chance the chance to meet up and chit chat! It's kinda funny how the topics become increasingly adult-y. Wish we had more time because the place closed at 3:00PM and we felt paiseh to keep the staff waiting! For some reason I feel so dissatisfied for not having picked the right food that I want to come back - or maybe I'll just go to their other outlet at Kallang? :D

Kilo at PACT
181 Orchard Road
#02-16/18
Orchard Central
Singapore 238896

Discussion