Saffron x The Ordinary Co
Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2016
SAFFRON x THE ORDINARY CO
Model: Saffron Sharpe (@saffronsharpe_)
Photography & Styling: Myself (@luxmondi)
Make-Up: Trishna Goklani (@trishnarawr)
The first time I did a studio shoot was for Miaowen's Lookbook more than a year ago but I literally did nothing except walk into the studio and ask the people there to help me set up the lights, then changed nothing throughout the whole shoot because of my lack of knowledge of how to deal with lights and unwillingness to mess anything up.
I think since then I've grown bolder thanks to a little push from Hanya to try it out again, but this time, I was to take control of the lighting myself. I wanted to avoid those kind of old school "professional" studio shoots, if you know what I mean. The goal was to be modern, clean and soft, and I'm pretty pleased with the results!! FYI, I didn't do any airbrushing or touch ups for Saffron's skin at all - the lighting just made it glow like that! (And I'm super lazy, so phew?)
Throughout the shoot I changed the light here and there, but most of the time I still didn't know what the EFF I was doing - but at least I was trying to understand. I feel like it's a lot of trial and error at the start that no one can really teach you because you have to look at the images and make your own decision if it's what you want in a photo, but also highly stressful since the studio charges by the hour you kind of have to produce results... or else. To be honest, there are a lot of fail photos as well and I feel that the picking of photos after a shoot is done is almost as important as the shoot itself.
I don't know how I would have had the courage to move forward without the help of Hanya and Trishna so I'm super thankful and blessed to have their support! The success of this shoot definitely would not have been possible without them in any way. So yeah, I don't know if I was mad to just go ahead and do it without much understanding of anything (I didn't know how to on the lights, BTW), but ok I'm excited to take this step forward in my continuous quest to understand more about photography and light!










Discussion
Post a Comment